Empower people, protect planet, grow profits
We use human behaviour research so you can change the world
- We believe that businesses have a powerful role to play in helping humanity live well.
- They create wealth, tackle social injustices and can safeguard the future of the planet.
- However, this is not universally true and a world where people, planet and profits combine is still a way off.
- The scale of the climate crisis will demand a huge acceleration from all to meet this challenge.
- In the coming years, there will be an explosion of brands working to grow profits and transform the world.
Understanding human behaviour can unlock huge value and impact
- There is a significant gap between what people say they will do (in theory) and how they actually behave.
- Understanding this gap can unlock huge value and lead to positive improvements in people’s lives.
We will play our part (2020-21)
- To make Outrageous Impact’s operation 50% carbon neutral within 18 months.
- To audit all suppliers to ensure that they do not contribute to climate chaos (changing suppliers as needed).
- To donate 5% of annual profits to organisations tackling climate change.
- To engage in activism and action to ensure political pressure is created to solve this challenge.
- To spend time listening and learning from actors in the climate movement, to inform our work.
- To actively seek out (and pay above market rates to) researchers with parental or caring responsibilities.
- To look to train and progress people not traditionally work in human behaviour research.
- To work toward becoming certified as a B-Corp (B Corporation) in 2020-21.
- To monitor progress towards these goals, sharing what works.