On a mission to get powerful research into the hands of people changing the world, fast.
Qualitative research can help protect the planet, improve lives and grow profits
- This starts with ensuring that the earth is enhanced for future generations.
- I want a world without fossil fuels.
- I want a world where financial markets play a responsible role.
- I want a world where people and planet are seen as integral to each other.
- I want a world where business and social impact are seen as reinforcing each other.
- I am starting to see how without climate justice, there is no justice.
- I will do all I can to ensure that climate change is tackled.
Outrageous Impact is me and a network of super-researchers
- I know the way I do business can work really well for clients and people with family or caring responsibilities.
- We have an ageing population and more people will need to work longer and more flexibly.
- My business model can address this societal challenge, providing flexible, well paid opportunities for people keen to work in research, people who may also happen to have caring responsibilities.
April 2019 to March 2020 goals
- Make Outrageous Impact’s operation 50% carbon neutral within 12 months.
- To audit all suppliers to ensure that they do not contribute to climate chaos (changing suppliers as needed).
- To donate 5% of annual profits to organisations tackling climate change.
- To spend time listening and learning from actors in the climate movement, and engage in personal activism.
- When hiring researchers, to actively seek out (and pay above market rates to) people with parental or caring responsibilities.
- To monitor progress towards these goals and share what works and doesn’t (via this site).
- To work toward becoming certified as a B-Corp (B Corporation) in the coming year.